Thursday 22 March 2012

Durban Has Got Talent!

Congratulations to Wade Delagey, Mthoko Mkhatini and Zaba Simbine for making Durban proud. These three young talents got through to the top 14 on LIVE auditions. The names were announced right on the show last week on friday. Friday, the 23rd of March 2012 marks the day we see all the top 14 contestants on the show.

Meet Wade Delagey before the show even starts:




Congrats for getting through to the top 14, we are all super proud of you.

Tell us about yourself?

Well my name is Wade Delagey. I'm 23 years old from Durban. Born and raised. I work for the Mr. Price Group typical white boy lol. I'm unique and outgoing I'm vibey and love learning about different cultures that South Africa has to offer.Im fluent in Zulu which makes most people look twice lol but that's not a bad thing. I embrace life and live by the word of God. I've been blessed with amazing personality and enjoy making others hin there auditing division. I have worked on radio before as a presenter on Durban Youth Radio. I'm not your appy.


What is presenting to you?

Presenting to me is a great platform for me to use my talents. I've been blessed with amazing spirit and TV gives you my inspiration from other presenters as I try and be myself and not imitate others. Being in the top 14 is amazing feeling and now I feel I get the chance to inspire others and to show others that we can live as a free country that opportunity to inspire others and I grasp my inspiration from God.Im inspired by life and don't really like todraw  Being able to speak Zulu amazes people and they feel I have broken the stigma that we still live in a apartheid era. Making it through we give me the chance to touch people's lives and will assist me to encourage others and help me put a smile on people's dial every Friday night..lol


They say media world can either make or someone how prepared are you for that?

I try and not focus on the negative side of the media and try not read many tabloids as I love to judge people for who they really are. The media is there to assist in your growth and you need to take it with a pinch of salt or a whole bag if you have to lol. But in life you get your ups and downs regardless if they come from the media or from your own friends. I'm prepared as there is a saying "If you can kneel before God, you can stand against anyone."

Sell yourself in 10 words...

4. Omg I have never been told to sell myself lol (I'm proudly South African and my dream is to make your Dreams come true) more than 10 I know..lol My English teacher would be so proud. :)

More inspiring facts on Wade:
  • Plays the role of Jason, Mrs Flammings son on SABC 1, every monday at 7pm.
  • Durban Youth Radio Presenter. Saturdays 6am-9am. Top 40. Sunday Drive.



Durban wishes you the best!! Keep chasing...

No comments:

Post a Comment